Blique MorningsIf Nathan Bliqueman had owned a watch, he would have known that it was just past six a.m.; as it was, he owned no such possession. Grey light filtered through the noxious clouds that hung desolately in the Sub-Earth sky. The sound of gunfire interrupted the tranquil morning, sending several rats scampering out of sight. Nathan scrambled upright with a speed that was surprising in someone of his size. In the time it had taken him to achieve a vertical position, he'd drawn his firearm, loaded it, and clicked off the safety in three deft movements.Blique Mornings by dietcocaine
It was not unusual for transients to own guns - this was the tail end of the twenty-first century for Christ's sake - but it was unusual for a transient to own a working gun that had been out of formal circulation for some hundred odd years.
It was also debatable whether it was more odd or less odd that this particular transient owned the gun by virtue of being an ex-cop, even if he was years off the job.
Relative oddness aside, Nathan was the
Character App: Vincent Teagan O'FlanneryCharacter Name: Vincent Teagan O'FlanneryCharacter App: Vincent Teagan O'Flannery by dietcocaine
Canon Point: Modern day, Ireland
Age: 32 at the time of his "death"; currently occupying the body of a 27 year old.
Why do you feel this character would be appropriate for this setting? Vincent has seen a lot of the world - and some not of the world. He is a survivor by circumstance, so to speak, but he's managed to make it as long as he has without going stark, raving mad. He is resilient, if nothing else. He has definitely seen more than one person's fair share of ugliness, and has, at times, shown himself to have a touch of proclivity for cruelty.
What are they bringing? (limit 3)
1. A pair of well-worn, ivory, twelve-sided dice. He won them from an old Gypsy man in a dice game while in his teens; he then went on to win almost every game played with them, and therefore considers them lucky. He frequently uses them to make decisions; basing choices on the numbers he rolls.
2. A we
Ishbal D. GreerFull Name: Ishbal D. GreerIshbal D. Greer by dietcocaine
Birthday: Unknown. Celebrates on 23 Dec.
Age: Self-proclaimed 26
Gender: Has a dick. Is a dick.
Weight: 154 lbs.
Skin Color: Olive-toned.
Eye Color: Hazel/green.
Hair Color: Brown hair that gets dyed when he's bored.
Hair Style: Whatever. It has a mind of its own.
Ears: Industrial piercing in left, helix and rook piercings in right.
Face: Slightly sharp, angular. Deep-set eyes, usually shadowed from lack of sleep.
Body Type: Lean, not overly muscular.
Distinguishing Features: Severe burn scars on the left side of his neck.
Race: Heinz 57?
Ethnic Group: Yeah, right.
Place of Birth: Unknown.
Current Residence: Wherever the hell he feels like.
Lineage: Muddled. By-blow of a random affair. His mother is a coke addict disowned by her ultra-religious, ultra-rich family.
Years of Schooling: Debatable. Fragmented schooling due to constantly being on the move.
Skills, Talents and Abilities: Can steal anything from anyone, anywhere, at
YiGENERAL INFORMATIONYi by sexpet666
Full Name: Shenyi Shěn (Shenyi is his given name)
Place of birth: The Acropolis
Relationship Status: Single
Color#: 333399 (Dark Blue)
Figure/build: 5'3'' and very slight, feminine
Notable Features: None
Hair color: Dark brown
Hair Style: Straight down to his shoulder blades
Eye color: Dark brown
Skin color: East Asian, tan
Preferred style of clothing: Coats with fur (or faux-fur) lined hoods, bracelets, muted colours, usually warm clothing
Powers: Telekinetic pressure, pain or paralysis, feels a lesser effect on himself
Passive or aggressive attitude?: Quietly aggressive
Fighting skills/techniques: Staying back if possible, working to disable, interrupt and weaken the target to allow his team to make quick work of it. Pulls the ribbon between his thumb and forefinger to a length that corresponds, in his mind, with where he wants to apply the effect, then pi
Take a breath. Close your eyes. See if you can remember.
Where were you when the world ended?
2125 – The government had given up years ago, and maybe that was where the problem really started. Maybe it really was all a crisis of faith—interpersonal, instead of religious. People stopped believing in each other years ago.
It all came to a head on a sticky summer night in Solomon City. Pretty much right at the intersection of 5th and Noirstein, actually. One minute it was a run of the mill intersection, trampled by unconcerned passersby on the way to scenic anywhere else, and the next there was this massive door in the middle of downtown.
The Gates of Hell appeared on the side of a big marble bank building with In G-d We Trust written above the door, like someone down there or up there or over there had one seriously warped sense of humor.
There was no sudden eruption of violence, no evil dictate delivered to the cowering masses. In fact, a few of the people standing closest to the doors—of the ones still down here—said that they heard a knocking, like someone was asking permission to come in.
And they did.
A whole mess of them, all of different shape and size and mannerism—they all came through to our side, and no one knew—no one had any idea what to do about it. So of course, humanity did what it did best:
Lost its damn mind.
The Devils were forced to sequester themselves in a separate, magically enforced district to keep the racial purists out while everyone else launched a full-on civil war.
In the streets, already, you could hear people whisper the word:
[ Angepill : Phase One ]
The mid-to-upper classes have sequestered themselves away from the rest of the civilian population, and are now guarded by a large defense firm known only as Security. Most of the scientific and medical community has gone with them, as well as a decent chunk of religious movers and shakers.
Civil war has begun outside of their insular communities, as well as brutal but mostly ineffective warfare against Security. Amidst all of the fighting, various families and individuals are displaced and lost in the chaos.
That is what’s taking hold—absolute chaos.
Civilians are left with two choices—complete dependence on Barricade, a mostly civilian-run militia determined to protect those unable to protect themselves and based around Solomon’s outer perimeter, or independently entering the fray, at which point they may find a faction or a quick and merciless death.
Some don’t really have a choice.
Others revel in the carnage.
[ The Factions ]
- The 27th : A group made up predominantly of teenagers and other frightened youth, led by Elliot Catch, formerly a police officer and now a ragged guardian to the most vulnerable victims of the civil fallout. The 27th began as a desperate hideout—a place for children to take shelter together, and is gradually beginning to mature. As the Brass Kids begin to find stability in each other and their beliefs, they find it in themselves to begin helping others and directly oppose more harmful factions. The 27th is slowly becoming a precinct again.
- Barricade : A civilian militia based around the outskirts of the fighting. They keep undesirable out and dependent civilians safely in.
- The Cleaners : A catch-all term for the murderers and marauders that stalk conflict regions looking for easy prey. Usually psychotic and always dangerous, Cleaners take advantage of the rewards offered by security for ‘eliminating’ known aggressors, often undergoing increasingly dehumanizing body modifications.
- The Human Defense League : A group of increasingly violent racial purists bent on removing the devils from Solomon City—and from existence, given the chance. They are often referred to as White Knights. This is not an endearment.
- Security : The independent defense contractors guarding the gated communities of the wealthy and well-advantaged. Engaged in violent conflict with pretty much everyone. Whatever end goal they were hired to help achieve, they aren’t telling. They are prepared to offer a few…rewards.
- Praey : A militant gang flourishing in the back streets of the civilian districts, Praey is a group that believes that survival of the fittest is a game that should be mandatory for all living creatures. You can't win if you don't play the game, and spoilsports will be shot on sight. Their leader is referred to as the Dread.
[ Other Groups ]
- Devils : A widely varied and misunderstood group of newcomers, apparently from an alternate dimension, or Hell, if we’re being narrow-minded. There has not been much dialogue at all with the devils, as violence and mass hysteria erupted quickly after the appearance of the Gate. Though many came through the portal and into our world, there are mutterings that some of them had already been in our dimension for an indeterminable stretch of time…
Devils are currently sequestered away from the human populace by heavily reinforced magical barriers.
- Demons : Apparently not the same thing.
- Civilians : The frightened masses, determined to remain outside of the fighting, but also unable to leave their city behind. Many rely heavily on members of Barricade for their safety, others resolve to join up.
Future Phases to Be Announced
Character Sheet :
Who did you say you were, again?
Let me get a better look at you…
Any good in a fight?
You all right, there?
You’ll fit in just fine.
Back again already?
Look at yourself, Skag.
Look what you did.
You’re not even human anymore.
You’d do anything for a fix.
|More Journal Entries|